Gitche Gumee Museum: Articles and Other Public Relations Coverage
TV and Radio
- June 2006 - Interviewed by Rachael Boyman, Michigan Radio Network, affiliated with NPR
- July 2006 - Interviewed on the Michigan Magazine TV Show
- June 2006 - Article published in Traverse: Northern Michigan's Magazine entitled: Back Road Curios: Gitche Gumee Agate and History Museum.
- Aug/Sept 2006 - Featured in Lake Superior Magazine
- Spring 2007 - Listed in UPTRA’s Upper Peninsula Travel Magazine
- Spring 2007 - Article in Chicago Commuter
- Spring 2007 - Article in Veterans View
- June 17, 2007 - Booth Newspaper Article
- The Flint Journal
- The Ann Arbor News
- The Kalamazoo Gazette
- The Grand Rapids Press
- The Saginaw News
- The Bay City Times
- The Jackson Citizen Patriot
- The Muskegon Chronicle
- Summer 2008 - Michigan Country Lines
- August 2008 - Traverse Magazine
- June 2009 - Great Lakes Gazette
- June 8th, 2011 - Petoskey News
Featured in Hunts' Guide to Michigan's Upper Peninsula, including the original edition published in the 1990s as well as the second edition published in 2001 and the soon to be published third edition.
- An article was written at http://thegreatlakespilot.com.
The museum is listed in this on-line travel guide: “A small, profound and very different museum with a diverse mineral display of lumbering and commercial fishing items, a wide variety of Lake Superior agates and a worth-visiting gift show that has agate products and other unique items for sale.”
The museum made the Best Museums List.
Featured in the on-line version of Hunt’s Guide to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
Listed in Living - Places - Museums - The Upper Peninsula, Michigan
- Great Lakes Gazette Blog
Featured in the Great Lakes Gazette Blog
- National Geographic Online
My shop has been listed on National Geographic Magazine along with the "The Shark"
Copyright All rights reserved.
Gitche Gumee Museum.
E21739 Brazel Street
Grand Marais, Michigan 49839